Care and support for older people
We are working in partnership with Independent Age, a unique and growing charity providing information, advice and support for thousands of older peopleacross the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
The Independent Age team of experienced advice workers is able to provide free, personalised advice and information about:
- Care options, including staying in your own home, moving to housing with care, finding and paying for a care home
- Funding by local authorities; interim finance for self-funders; third party top ups
- Going into hospital, being in hospital and coming out of hospital; complaints about NHS treatment and care
- Assistance for carers, including financial support available
- Complaints about care at home or in a care home or other care setting
- How to challenge care and support assessment or funding decisions
You can contact the Independent Age advice service by telephone on 0845 262 1863 from Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm or by email. You can see further details about the Independent Age advice service on their website and obtain a free copy of their Wise Guide for general advice and information.
A Company Limited by Guarantee (Company No.130981)
Registered Office: 3 Birdcage Walk, London SW1H 9JJ
Registered Charity No. 209465